The company’s hemp burgers and breakfast sausage patties are served at eleven locations in high and mid-mountain resort areas, including the Ten Thousand Tavern, Jack’s Slopeside Grill, Mulligan’s Irish Pub, Loneliness Station and Koko’s hut.
“We pushed [Copper Mountain Resorts] released in their first quarter in November and they sold over 1,500 books, and they’ve already processed the new orders,” he says.
Hemp seeds are high in omega and essential fatty acids, along with 21 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber per Planet Based Foods serving. Those with dietary restrictions are also covered, according to Braelyn, because hemp seeds don’t cause many allergies.
Planet Based Foods’ current line includes burgers, crumbles and breakfast patties made with a blend of non-GMO hemp seeds, brown rice and pea protein. In order to produce the most flavorful options, the company took about six years to develop and finalize its backlog of seasoning profiles, ranging from mesquite to hot.
Want to try some for yourself? Planet Based Food has shared Spicy Green Chili Burger and Vegan Tacos recipes for your next Meatless Monday. Cheers!
Spicy Green Chilli Burger (For four persons)
For the Habanero Sauce:
2 cups veganaise
1/2 cup habanero hot sauce
For the spicy coleslaw:
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup habanero sauce
4 Planet Based Foods Southwestern Green Chilli Burgers
4 brioche or vegan wheat buns, lightly toasted (or substitute gluten-free buns)
4 slices vegan pepper jack cheese
2 fresh jalapeños, cut into 1/8-inch slices
1 avocado, quartered and thinly sliced
1. In a medium bowl, combine the vegenaise and habanero hot sauce. Transfer to a squeeze bottle. (optional)
2. In a medium bowl, add the green cabbage, purple cabbage and habanero sauce. Toss well to coat with dressing. Put aside.
3. Heat a gas grill to 400°F with the lid closed for ten minutes or prepare a charcoal grill fire. Thoroughly clean the grill grate, then use tongs and an oiled paper towel to grease the grate.
4. Grill burgers until golden brown (about three to four minutes). Flip and add the pepper jack cheese. Cook for an additional three to four minutes or until cooked through.
5. To serve, spread both sides of buns with Habanero Sauce. Add the spicy coleslaw to the bottom buns. Top the spicy coleslaw on the burgers. Place three to four freshly cut jalapeños over the cheese and add avocado slices. Garnish with buns and serve immediately.
Point: If you don’t have a grill, heat 1-2 teaspoons of oil (preferably avocado oil) in a skillet over low-medium heat and cook slowly for three to four minutes, turning until golden brown.
Vegan Tacos (For eight people)
For the taco filling:
Two 8-ounce bags of Planet Based Foods Original Crumble
1 tablespoon organic avocado oil (or your favorite oil)
2 minced garlic cloves
1 cup diced yellow onion
1/4 cup vegetable broth
For the taco seasoning:
1 teaspoon of cumin
2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 teaspoons of black pepper
1 tablespoon of oregano
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for extra spiciness)
8 corn tacos
2 avocados, thinly sliced
2 large chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 lime cut into wedges
1 cup of your favorite salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix all the seasonings together (the recipe will provide you with an extra amount for multiple uses.)
3. Heat the skillet over medium heat and add the oil to the heated skillet.
4. Sauté the onions with the garlic in the skillet until fragrant and translucent (about three minutes.)
5. Add Planet Based Foods Original Crumble and cook for three to four minutes.
6. Add the pre-mixed seasoning (we recommend starting with 2-3 tbsp.) Then add the vegetable broth to the skillet. Stir. Once reheated, cook until any excess liquid is cooked off. Turn low and cover.
7. Place the corn taco shells in the oven and warm for five minutes.
8. Once the shells are hot, stuff them with a few spoonfuls of the taco filling. Add the tomato, cilantro, sliced avocado and a squeeze of lime. Top with your choice of salsa or hot sauce.
Point: These tacos are delicious when topped with your favorite vegan cheese.